Lentils in an omelette? Their flavour and texture add dimension – and a hit of healthy folate to boot.
PREP 6 MIN
TOTAL 35 MIN
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced asparagus
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp finely grated parmesan, optional
WHISK eggs with salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper.
HEAT a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then onion, pepper and asparagus. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 min. Add spinach and lentils. Cook until spinach wilts, about 1 min. Transfer to a bowl.
REDUCE heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 of egg mixture to same frying pan. Cook, unstirred, until edges are set, 2 to 3 min. Use a spatula to lift edge…